Welcome to Study in China Service Center!
Skype:LUCAS International Email: info@lucas-international.cn WhatsApp:+86-139-6450-0313
Contact Us FAQ


Learn Chinese Language


How to choose a suitable university which offers the best Chinese language courses?


First, you can choose the university according to the official rankings.


Second, you can refer to the locations of universities and choose the best city you want to stay.


Finally, you ought to make a decision based on the above mentioned and the situations of different universities.


When should I apply and what are the entry requirements of Chinese language courses?


Chinese language program usually is offered two sessions each year, Spring and Autumn session .

Generally speaking, students can apply any time of the year. But for Spring session, usually from October to the next February, Autumn session usually from March to September. International applicants should refer to the deadline of the university you wanna apply for.

China’s universities offering the long-term language courses and the short-term language courses. They will accept students with any educational background of 18-40 years old. So the entry requirements are relatively loose.


What are the application requirements for studying English-taught MBBS in China?


Respective universities may have varying enrollment requirements, usually including educational background, English language proficiency and high school or other college grades, esp. scores in science subjects. Also, some materials are needed such as the photocopy of the applicants passport, Health Certificate, etc. In addition, international students are required to pass the HSK test (Chinese language proficiency) before graduation. These requirements also applicable to other courses in China. For more details, please check the accredited schools. 


What else can I study in China related with the medical field besides MBBS?


Apart from MBBS, there are also some other courses like BDS(Dentistry / Stomatology), Nursing, Pharmacy, Biomedical engineering, etc.


Can I do the internship outside of China? In this case, do I need to pay fees to the university in China?


Normally, medical universities in China require one- year internship in one of the universitys affiliated hospitals. Nevertheless, several of them also allow students to intern outside of China. In the circumstances, overseas students have to submit documents about the hospital beforehand for qualification evaluation by the university. Then, the Chinese teacher will keep in contact with the students through weekly or biweekly e-mail or telephone to offer instruction or suggestion. Therefore, overseas students must pay administration fees to keep your name on the school roll and to gain Chinese teachers supervision. In addition, even if foreign students do the internship outside of China, you have to meet requirements of internship according to assessment manual published by respective universities.


Is there a spring admission to MBBS in Chinas medical university?


Yes. Most medical universities in China only offer MBBS in autumn. However, still some schools here offer Spring session though not many, like Dalian Medical University, Jinzhou Medical University, etc. Besides, some universities offer pre-medical program in Spring, like Xuzhou Medical UniversityHuazhong University of Science and Technology, etc.


Is Chinese language courses and HSK test compulsory for English- medium MBBS program?


The Chinese language course is compulsory for English- medium MBBS program in China’s medical universities, while not all the universities require passing the HSK test at a certain level before graduation. However, if overseas students want to work or intern in a hospital in China, the ability to communicate properly in Chinese is essential. Besides, as one of the official languages in the U.N. with the most speakers, mastering Chinese will offer foreign students convenience in daily life and more work opportunities throughout the world.



What are the future job prospects in China or in my home country after my graduation?


The medical degree conferred by Chinese medical universities is valid across China and even throughout the world. All Chinas medical universities which are on the list of the Regular Institutions of Higher Education in China published by the Ministry of Education of P.R.C. (MOE) are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) in the Directory of World Medical Schools, which makes graduates from those schools qualified to attend board examinations in most countries such as the USMLE in the US, the PLAB in the UK, the MCI Screening test in Indian, PMDC in Pakistan, Mauritius, South Africa, etc. Chinas booming economy, increasingly opened society, and massive potential medical market will provide foreign students with more and more work opportunities in China. If you want to be a doctor in Chinese hospital, you have to at first pass the medical license examination in China and have the ability to communicate properly in Chinese. Besides, there are great opportunities to work in the branches or medical research centers founded by multinational corporations, such as Johnson & Johnson, Charles Pfizer, GSK, Novartis, Roche Group, Wyeth, The Merck Group, Bristol-Myers Squibb, etc.



What kinds of courses in the field of engineering can I choose to study in China?


There are many popular courses available for you to study in China. Here are some popular Engineering courses in China.


Petroleum engineering

Mechanical andManufacturingEngineering

Electronic andElectricalEngineering

Civil Engineering

Chemical and Biological Engineering 

Traffic and Transport Engineering 

Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering 

Architecture Design

Urban Planning

Telecommunication engineering


Architecture Engineering

Telecommunication Engineering


What kinds of courses in the field of Business and Management can I study?


The following are some popular Business courses in China.


Business Administration

International Trade & Economics



International Business



Hotel Management

Tourism Management


Enrollment & registration


What should I do after arriving at school?


After you arrive at school, you should:


Do the registration at administration office and get your dorm on campus


Get the temporary residence registration in the local authorities, usually police station, sometime the hotel you stayed can also do that.


Do medical check and get residence permit from local authorities.


Please Note:


If you hold an X visa (a student visa for those staying in China for longer than 6 months), you must then apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days of entering China. However, you don’t really need to apply and get your residence permit from the local authorities if you have an L visa (a tourist visa), and your study-in-China Program is within 30 days.


What documents should I submit for school registration?


To register in the school, you should present some necessary documents. Actually these documents required vary from university to university. Here are some indispensable ones to all universities:


      Admission Notice and JW202 form


      Registration Form of Temporary Residence

      Photocopies of your passport photo page and visa

      Passport-sized photos

      Fees for tuition and insurance (or a receipt if you've already paid)


What is the registration form of temporary residence?


If you choose to live on campus, your school will help you to register with the local authority. However, you should register by yourself accompanied by your landlord if you live off campus. You should submit the registration form of temporary residence to the local authority.


The registration form of temporary residence is a small piece of paper proving that you have registered your address with the local police station. If you choose to stay in the school or a hotel, you should get the Registration Form of Temporary Residence from the university or hotel. If you rent an apartment or stay with friends/family off campus, you should register at the local police station accompanied by the landlord, rental contract and your passport. And you are suggested to apply one within 24 hours after you arrive in China, and it is a prerequisite that you can get a Residence Permit.


Please Note:

You should do the Temporary Residence Registration at local police station within 24 hours or you may face problems or get fined by related authorities.



Is it necessary to submit the registration form of temporary residence to the local authority within 24 hours?


Yes, you should do the Temporary Residence Registration within 24 hours or you have to pay the fine if it expires and may face difficulty to get your residence permit later.


Getting a resident permit


What is an X visa?  And how to get a residence permit?


Chinese visas are classified based on your purpose for being in China, such as tourism, education, or employment. For International students who intend to study in China for longer than 6 months, an X visa is the most secured choice.


X visa (student visa, X1 and X2 visa) is issued to those coming to China for study or an internship for longer than six months.


The residence permit is usually arranged with the assistance of your university after you get registered on campus. Generally, you should go through the following procedures to get a residence permit, which are:


1.Get the temporary residence registration from local police station within 24 hours after arrival.


2.Do a medical check in a local hospital or verify your original physical examination record which you did in your home country within 5 days after your arrival.


3. Go to the local Exit-Entry Administration Bureau to apply for a residence permit


When can I get my resident permit from local authorities?


If you hold an X visa (a student visa for those staying in China for longer than 6 months), then you must apply for a residence permit within 30 days of entering China. However, you don’t really need it if you have an L visa (a tourist visa) and your study-in-China Program is shorter than 30 days.


A visa is an official and legal permit issued by Chinese embassy which allows students to legally enter China. However, the residence permit is issued by the local Exit-Entry Administration Bureau in representative for the MOP and Chinese Government to allow you to study in China within the validity period.



Accommodation in or off campus



How is accommodation for studying in China?


During your study in China, you can choose to  live on campus or off campus. Life on campus is very convenient and safe. Most international students are suggested to live in the dormitories on campus because of its reasonable prices, complete facilities and safe surroundings. Most of china’s universities provide international students dormitories for foreign students. Usually there are single-room, double-room and three-bed room for foreign students. The students can choose what they like. Most of the dormitories are equipped with necessary facilities including internet access, TV, basic furniture, toilet, telephone or even kitchens. Universities in the northern China also provide heating system in winter. As to the fees it is quite reasonable. However, the prices vary greatly from 20 CNY/day to 100 CNY/day determined by different universities and different types of dormitories.



How is the accommodation off campus and what's the average cost?


By living off campus, you can choose either to rent an apartment or home stay.

Depending on different cities, here is the general range of the price for renting:


One-bedroom apartment: CNY 800-2500 per month


Two-bedroom apartment: CNY 1000-4500 per month


Three-bedroom apartment: CNY 1500-8000 per month


Whats more, the price varies depending on the condition of the apartment, facilities/furnishings, and especially the location



Money matters


Which is more convenient for life in China, cash or bank card?


Its always good idea to bring some cash when you first come to China. Bring RMB (Chinese Yuan) would be the most convenient choice. Besides, you can either bring USD or EURO. The cash of USD or EURO can be exchanged into RMB easily at any branches of China banks. You can even exchange your cash at the airport of Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Qingdao and some more cities for the branches of many official banks are always available there. Please note that your passport is requested every time for money exchange in China.


Is it necessary to exchange my cash into RMB before arriving in China?


Although not every bank in your country can exchange the currency at a favorable and official rate, there are some formal and standard banks which offer the service properly in every country. Namely, Standard Charted Bank, Bank of China, Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) are some of the best choices for International currency exchange and oversea money transfer; they have many branches in most of the countries in the world. You can exchange or transfer your money through these banks without any hesitation.



How to pay the fees after arriving at my university in China?


Definitely, it would be the most secured and convenient way to pay your tuition fees and accommodation fees before your departure to your universitys International account for that the university will arrange everything for you fully and completely in advance. Of course, there are also cases that some students would like to pay the fees to the university after your arrival in China. About making the payment on arrival, you have to remember that most Chinese universities only accept payment in cash (RMB), so please do the money exchange before your registration.



This way is accepted and welcomed by all the Chinese universities.


Please Note :

This is the best choice and will bring you no troubles.


Traveler's Cheques


Some universities may accept travelers cheques. Be sure to contact us or check with the school in advance. You can also cash your travelers cheques (sold by International commercial banks and travelers cheques companies) at a branch of the Bank of China if they are refused by the school. So this is not the best choice.


Credit Cards

Some universities accept payment by credit card, but a service fee of 3%-4% will be charged.Most credit cards with International networks like American Express / Visa / Master Card / Cirrus can withdraw money from Chinese ATMs who accept International card. A small fee will be charged when use this service.


Please Note :

This is not the best choice. Universities don’t accept cards payment directly. You will have to go to bank or ATM to withdraw money and it is not sure that which bank will accept your card.


Western Union

Western Union transfer allows instant money wiring to and from 100 countries. It only takes less than 1 hour for you to receive your money from most of the countries in the world through Western Union. The service charge is much higher.


Banks here in China offer Western Union service: Bank of ChinaPostal Savings Bank of ChinaChina Everbright BankShanghai Pudong Development Bank, etc.


Please Note :

All fares will be calculated according to the daily exchange rate to RMB. Currently it is 6.5 RMB≈1 USD.


There are some cases when International bank cards are not accepted by Chinese banks because they dont have any cooperation. Check with your credit/debit card provider for specifics before leaving your home country. Notify your bank that youll be in China because foreign banks sometimes frozen bank cards if they see unexpected overseas service to prevent fraud. The late payment of tuition fee may lead to the suspicion from your university about your financial status thus they may not support you to get your residence permit. Then it will be an illegal stay for you if you cant get a resident permit. Please be aware of the deadline of tuition payment.

Also, many banks in China has a limit on how much money an International bank card can withdraw a day so please plan ahead and inform the bank the exact amount that you are going to withdraw at least one day in advance. In that case, they can prepare for you. Lastly, be careful while using the West Union because a slight mistake of spelling will lead to the failure of money transition.



Do I have to have a Chinese bank account? And how to open an account?


For International students who want to stay in China for a long term education, it is wise to open a Chinese bank account. Here are the advantages to have a Chinese bank account:


1. Chinese bank cards are accepted throughout the country and cash can be withdrawn without a fee.


2. If you lose your card or there is a problem with your account you can fix the issue efficient by yourself rather than having to make an International phone to your families.


3. Your parents can transfer money to your Chinese account (if you have opened the International service). Meanwhile you can also withdraw a big amount of money in RMB directly from your Chinese account if you have made an appointment

in advance with the bank. However, the Chinese bank may have problems with an International card to withdraw the RMB directly if there is foreign currency in your account.


Generally speaking, there are two types of banks in China.


Firstly, the state-owned commercial bank such as the Bank of China (BOC), the China Construction Bank (CCB), the Agricultural Bank of China (ABC) and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC), etc. City commercial banks are founded on the basis of urban credit cooperatives.


Secondly, there are increasing numbers of foreign banks open branches in China nowadays, namely, the HSBC, Citibank and Standard Chartered Bank are most common ones.


Opening a bank account in China—especially RMB accountis a very straightforward process. Banks like the Bank of China, China Construction Bank and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China have branches all over the country. Just go to the bank youd like to get an account with and present your valid passport and fill out an application form. The entire process takes about 30 minutes.

To receive regular SMS notifications with practical tips and updates on study in China.
  • E-mail:
Scan QR code to Subscribe


Managing Director

电话 WhatsApp:


微信 WeChat:


邮箱 E-mail:



Study in China Service Center




Admission Director

电话 WhatsApp:


微信 WeChat:


邮箱 E-mail:



Study in China Service Center




Marketing Director

电话 WhatsApp:


微信 WeChat:


邮箱 E-mail:



Study in China Service Center



Copyright © LUCAS International Education Co., Ltd. 留学中国服务中心 All Rights Reserved